The dress code at St. John Bosco Catholic School reflects the seriousness and importance of learning and our pride in being members of this school community. Parents are expected to monitor student dress to ensure compliance with the dress code.
Shirts with sleeves
- All shirts must be long enough to be tucked in
- No spaghetti strap or tank top shirts or dresses are allowed unless another shirt is worn over the top
- All tops must cover the collarbone and must not be excessively tight fitting and/or may not expose the stomach area.
- Skirts/Dresses must be worn with tights, leggings, or shorts (Leggings or tights may not be worn without a skirt or dress)
- Well fitted jeans, athletic pants, sweatpants, or dress pants
- Mid-thigh shorts or capris (May 1 through October 31 only – Shorts must be no more than 3” above the knee.)
SHOES AND SOCKS
- Shoes worn must be functional and neat and must have a back. (Tennis shoes are preferred.)
- Tennis shoes are required for participation in Physical Education for all grades.
- Waterproof boots for outdoor wear during the winter season. (Boots worn outdoors may not be worn in the classrooms so students must have an indoor pair of shoes too.)
- PK-4 must wear snow pants to play in the snow.
- Navy blue or Khaki pants (Mid-thigh shorts May 1 through October 31 only)
- Royal blue or white long or short sleeve shirts with collars
PE DRESS CODE 5-8 ONLY
- Middle School students have a uniform for PE classes which are purchased through the school.
- Student names must be identified on all PE clothes and shoes.
UNACCEPTABLE DRESS AND APPEARANCE*
The following are not permitted at St. John Bosco School at any time:
- Short shorts/short skirts (more than 3 inches above the knee)
- Mesh or sheer (see-through) clothing or clothing exposing the midriff area or cleavage
- Clothing with inappropriate words or symbols (Advertising drugs, alcohol, tobacco, etc. or vulgar, profane, inappropriate, or sexually suggestive symbols or words)
- Flip flops or shoes with wheels
- Ripped/torn clothing
- No hats, caps, bandanas, sports headbands, sunglasses, or other outdoor attire may be worn at any time in the school building unless for medical reasons.
- Low riding, hip hugging pants, or oversized jeans
- Excessive or inappropriate jewelry including rings, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings
- Extreme haircuts/styles
- Boys’ and girls’ hair may not be colored to an unnatural hue.
- Final decisions regarding appropriate attire will be at the discretion of the school principal
St. John Bosco has their own spirit apparel for students and adults. Please visit Spirit Wear to place orders.