How to Apply
For more information or questions regarding open positions, please contact the school office at 920-743-4144.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
St. John Bosco Catholic School
730 W. Maple Street
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
School Facility Maintenance Technician–Full Time
- Perform regularly scheduled cleaning and maintenance tasks in the school building and grounds
- Perform or assist with school routine or special event set-up and tear-down assignments,
- Perform repairs, or along with consultation administration, assist with scheduling of contracted repair of facilities or equipment, and to be the individual responsible for primary over-sight of school equipment and facilities.
- Daily cleaning of school and garbage removal.
- Responsible for the completion of summer cleaning, maintenance, and necessary special projects in the school.
- Coordinate or participate with contractor(s) as required with school snow removal and lawn maintenance operations.
- Physical requirements: Standing, pushing, pulling, walking, stooping, kneeling, carrying, ladder climbing. Working in winter cold or summer heat for part of a shift may be required. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally may be required.
- Other duties as assigned by School Principal/Administrator or designee.
- High School graduate or G.E.D. required.
- Successful experience in the operation of basic hand and power tools required.
- Basic knowledge and experience in minor electrical repairs such as florescent light ballast replacement and basic equipment trouble shooting, basic plumbing, carpentry, and the operation of building heating/ventilation equipment desired.
- Previous experience with institutional cleaning procedures desired.
- Demonstrated experience with or possess the ability to successfully learn to operate various types of floor cleaning equipment and procedures is desired
- Familiarity with snow removal and lawn maintenance desired in case the hired lawn maintenance and snow removal companies are unavailable.
Salary: Hourly rate beginning at $20.00
Benefits: Vacation, holiday pay, retirement, 50% medical, sick days
Health Insurance Benefits
Through UnitedHealthcare, UMR and HealthSCOPE Benefits creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of St. Luke Benefit & Insurance Services. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com.