Gala of Giving
The Gala of Giving is one of the schools largest fundraising event. It raises over $75,000 annually to benefit our educational programs, technology, and the children’s academic experiences. The Gala of Giving will be held on Saturday, March 5, 2022. More information to come. Thank you for your continued support of St. John Bosco.
In the past, you have generously supported Gala of Giving’s Electric Moment. Even though we cannot have an in-person Electric Moment, there are still special projects we need help funding. Please support this year’s special Electric Moment project: Schoolwide Technology Updates. It’s been 5 years since our last hardware upgrade, our devices are becoming outdated. Our ability to pivot quickly to remote learning during the pandemic has eliminated the gap in education that many kids have experienced. Updated devices & software are needed to ensure our students continue to learn. School infrastructure updates are needed to support Project Lead the Way, in-person and distance learning.
Upgrading Student Laptops will:
- Make use of the latest hardware advancements.
- Increase battery life.
- Allow for larger solid state drives, resulting in faster program. loads, speedier boot times, and lower power usage.
- Improve reliability and double the RAM capacity.
- Increase memory and allow for better multi-tasking.
- Enhance screen displays for better readability and less eye strain.
- During the 2021-2022 school year, more than 50 students will benefit from new laptops.
Upgrading to new iPads will:
- Reduce the occurrence of apps crashing.
- Increase the storage on each iPad.
- Improve battery life.
- Allow for microphone use for remote learning applications.
- Fix display and accessory issues.
- Allow for uniformity of iPads among all students.
- During the 2021-2022 school year, more than 70 students will benefit from new iPads.
Upgrading classroom Smartboards will:
- Increase the screen size with full multi-touch resolution.
- Allow for better viewing angles than current models.
- Improve the speakers and microphones, providing seamless integration for hybrid/remote learning applications.
- During the 2021-2022 school year, ALL of our students will benefit from new classroom Smartboards.
Dennis and Bonnie Connolly and an anonymous local donor have agreed to match all donations, dollar for dollar, up to $55,000. Therefore, your donation of any dollar amount will be doubled.
We would greatly appreciate your monetary, tax deductible donation toward technology updates.
We are thankful that our school has remained open this year, which has had a tremendous impact on the social and emotional health of our students. We know that this past year has been tough, but with better times ahead, it’s important that we invest in the future of both our students and school. Please help us by contributing today to this amazing program! Donations can be sent directly to the school office at the address below. Please feel free to call the school office if you have any questions or would like more information.